Earlier this week I left 40 and moved into 41. As I do when I’m a bit bored or when I left my mind wander I started to reflect back on the last year. The highs and the lows. I will say that sometimes when I reflect back on past times I don’t always like what I remember but it’s probably important to remember that. Here are some reflections on the past year and some goals I hope to accomplish during this 41st year.
- Figured out that usually when I’m down it’s because I’m having a pity party for myself. I don’t know if this is the case with everyone but it’s something I’ve discovered. They happen from time to time, but at least now I know how to get myself out of them!
- Enjoying hiking with the family. Wishing we could do more of it and were not limited by the season we have here in Wyoming.
- Watching my boys grow up. I can’t believe that I have a 7 year old and a 4 year old. The 7 year old is getting to the stage where I can joke with him and he knows it. And the 4 year old is just a ham but very challenging at times!
- Even after 18 years of marriage the relationship with my wife continues to grow and we enjoy each others company.
- I didn’t get the time to head back home to visit family in this last year and that’s something I hope to change in this next year.
- Finally get that weight off that I’ve wanted to for the last few years! I feel like I’ve made some progress in what works and what doesn’t and I hope I’m able to get this done.
- This one’s a bit more obscure, but I’d like to find something that really challenges me. I’m not sure what that means, my first thought was of a longer trail race (13.1), but this also might be more related to life in general. As I write this down I’m not really sure about this on. This one I’m not sure that I have that much control over it!
- Write and read more. I feel like I’ve done a bunch of this in the last year, but I still would like to do more. This means getting off of the computer and doing it!
- Run a website. I’m not sure why I keep having this ‘need’ but it’s one that I haven’t been able to get out of my system so I’m going to try and do that. Not sure what it will be about but it will give me a bit of time to tinker with something which will keep my brain engaged!
- Visit someplace new with the family. This will probably just be a short trip to Colorado or perhaps up to South Dakota…or maybe even just in Wyoming. But I think it’s important to go and visit some place new to take yourself out of your element and just enjoy it.
I could probably ramble on with a bit more but this is where I’m at for now. Hopefully I’ll remember next year to check in and see where I’m at!